I completed my PhD in 1965 at the University of Washington. My fields of interest include:
- Organizational theory and behaviour
- Business strategy
- Public policy
- Management of business and government organizations
Recent Publications and Presentations
- (1990) "The political economy of Western Canada." With E.J. Chambers. Business in the Contemporary World, III(1), 7181.
Favorite Research Related Journals/Academic Titles
- Academy of Management Review
- 1982-83 McCalla Research Professor, University of Alberta
I've taught management development programs at the Banff School of Advanced Management, the Banff Centre for Management, the Canadian Centre for Management Development in Ottawa (staff college for executive development of senior federal civil servants), and the Executive Development Programs for the governments of Alberta and Saskatchewan (currently director of the Alberta program). I've also taught development programs for senior executives and managers in a wide variety of government, business, and nonprofit organizations. In addition, I've been a consultant to all three levels of government and to many business firms.
I have also been the chair of the Canadian Federation of Deans of Management and Administrative Studies.