The FastTrack MBA for Business Graduates
The FastTrack MBA is designed to allow students with an existing foundation of business knowledge to take their leadership skills to the next level. The program can be completed in just 10 months (full-time, August to May) or 22 months (part-time).
Advance Your Career
Rather than relearning business fundamentals, the FastTrack MBA focuses your studies on advanced management topics that you require to take your career to the next level. The FastTrack program fully incorporates students into senior Alberta MBA elective courses, to study within the graduate MBA programs, and to interact with the broader Alberta MBA alumni network. MBA Career Services offers complete support to help you meet your career objectives.
Students will complete 12 courses in the FastTrack MBA program. This includes 5 core courses and 7 electives. The program begins with a two-week long intensive session in August. One week will review business fundamentals while the other (Manager as Strategist) will identify and develop human resources, leadership and strategy skills for managers.
In choosing electives, students can choose to complete their own customized program or complete the requirements for one of the Alberta MBA specializations. Specializations are available in:
The FastTrack MBA for Business Graduates offers exceptional instruction and excellent value while allowing students to complete the program in only 10 months. The FastTrack MBA is approximately $20,000 including the International Study Tour.
Successful applicants to the FastTrack MBA will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors degree in Business (BCom, BMgmt, BBA, etc) from a recognized North American university
- GPA of 3.2 or greater over their last 60 credits
- Demonstrated strength in business fundamental courses
- Between 3-10 years of professional experience post-degree
- GMAT score of 550 or greater (GMAT will be waived for graduates of the Alberta School of Business, Bachelor of Commerce program)
In evaluating applications, applicants are required to submit:
- 3 letters of reference: these assist the Alberta School in evaluating the candidate's managerial, administrative, and academic skills. Letters of reference should be obtained from current or past supervisors. Referees are asked to complete our standard referee form and to submit the form to the MBA office via mail or fax (780-492-7825)
- A 1-2 page statement of intent outlining why you are interested in the program and how this degree relates to your career goals
- A updated resume outlining professional experience
- Official transcripts from previous academic institutions (for previous University of Alberta students, you do not need to submit UofA transcripts)
- Official GMAT score (GMAT will be waived for graduates of the Alberta School of Business, Bachelor of Commerce program)