"The relevant experience of the speakers was fantastic, their willingness to engage in class discussions and their timely information about policy development in the GOA made the course invaluable. Great course and will truly help the GOA to build policy capacity. Thank you so much for two excellent days of learning! It was all valuable learning and very helpful." - 2013 participant
Dr. Ian Montgomerie
Dr. Roger Palmer
$850 (two-day class)
September 26 - 27, 2013
January 8 - 9, 2014
March 24 - 25, 2014
8:30 am - 3:30 pm daily
What You Will Learn:
This course provides an overview of public policy, the Alberta public policy environment, and the policy development process. You will gain an increased understanding of what public policy is, explore the processes involved in developing good public policy, learn how policy decisions are made in the Government of Alberta, and share perspectives on managing the policy development process.
- What is public policy?
- Policy development processes and practices
- Analysis of current policy statements
- Role of government in supporting elected decision-makers
- Role of stakeholders in building effective policy
- Key steps in developing, implementing, and evaluating public policy